[TYPO3-core] RFC #13386: Bug: mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't accept spaces

Marcel Greter mgr at rtpartner.ch
Fri Mar 26 09:55:40 CET 2010

Hello Christian,

On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:51 AM, Christian Kuhn wrote:

> Generally +1 on reading and testing, but some changes in attached version:
> - I didn't wanted to change the type of this->hideTables from string to array, this might break for people xclassing the module and bughunting in the list module is no fun ;)

Do you know such a case? I do understand you but allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables are already stored as an array. So it's not very consistent to have hideTables as string and the other two as arrays (IMO).

> - The if with double encapsulated ternary operator made me scratch my itch, I disentangled this and added comments, from my understanding all should work as before ...

That has already been in there before ;-)

> - Use t3lib_div::inArray instead of in_array

allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables also only use in_array and not t3lib_div::inArray in typo3/db_new.php ...

> To test, here are the affected settings:
>
> a) Should work now:
> mod.web_list.hideTables (
>  tt_address,
>  tt_news
> )
> b) TCA [ctrl][hideTable] => TRUE / FALSE
> c) overriding previous selection:
> mod.web_list.table.tt_news.hideTable = 1

I'm absolutely OK with that, but IMO it would be great if all three options (allowedNewTables, deniedNewTables and hideTables) would behave the same way. I guess it would not be to hard to implement that also for "allowTable" and "denyTable".

Anyway I'm ok with whatever solution!

Have a nice day, Marcel