[TYPO3-core] RFC #5500: Feature: Load Inline Elements On Demand

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Wed Mar 24 22:15:56 CET 2010

Am 24.03.2010, 21:48 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Müller <typo3 at t3node.com>:

> On 24.03.2010 20:43 Lars Houmark wrote:
>>  A concept of sending different cache headers with plain JS and CSS
>> files (on all systems) I would like you to explain more. I don't see
>> how this is easily possible.
>>

> Michiel explained:
> http://www.typofree.org/article/archive/2009/june/title/enabling-far-future-expires-headers-for-static-resources/

this article describes the very same... append a parameter to the file, so
the browser "sees" a new file.

Using the mtime ist pretty smart, because it will lead to an automated
update. I don't see a usecase where you don't want to inform the browser
about the new files whenever they have change.

I your link, the version number is increase manually, in Lars suggestion,
it is automated, because it relies on the last "modified time". This will
create unique versions too.
Of course this would slow down down rendering a little, maybe this could
be configurable (relay on debug flag?).

Best regards
Phil

--