[TYPO3-core] FC: #13799: [Feature] ExtJS driven fading in/out Flashmessages

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 16 11:24:01 CET 2010

Hi Stefan,

i think we have to differeniate.
JS isn't php, and the more spaces we add for beautify, the loading time
raises.

Stefan Galinski schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> I know that the CGL was designed for PHP and not JS, but if we apply the
> rules nonetheless, we would get the following...
>
> * usage of double quotes
>   pause(duration).ghost("t", {remove:true});
ok, agree

> * usage of true instead of TRUE

no! JS don't know what TRUE is, there is a big difference.

> * missing spaces for better readability
>   {id:'msg-div',style:'position:absolute;z-index:10000'}
>   if(!messageContainer){
>   parentContainer){

i agree.

There will be a CGL for JS / ExtJS shortly, i think Nils is working on
that. The problem is that we often use ux from the release package, and
ExtJS team seems not to have any CGL. So being strict here would lead to
many reformating issues.

vg Steffen