[TYPO3-core] RFC #13735: Add handling of Wizzards->suggest for FlexForm's relational fields

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Mar 9 08:04:12 CET 2010

Am 06.03.2010, 15:09 Uhr, schrieb Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
<vsbies at wp.pl>:

> ellou' List!,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
IMHO bug

> Branch: 4.3, trunk
bug -> 4.3 is ok ;-)

> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13735
>
> Problem:
> Although FlexForm's field can be configured for using Wizzard->suggest
> feature it's not working because it requires TCA configuration for
> selected field. What's more FlexForm's field isn't recognized properly
> and it identifies itself as tt_content[pi_flexform], this behaviour
> doesn't allow to update FF field after related record is choosen.
this is really an annoyance - I already put some efforts on this at the
UXW, but didn't really solve it. Nice that you took care!

> Solution:
> Name of the FF field and it's configuration can be fetched in
> renderSuggestSelector method and passed to ajax in special, array-like
> format which, when recognized will be used instead of TCA configuration.

Is the format pi_flexform||field_name good? I think this is kind of a "new
convention" - same would apply for the problem that the multi-select form
field with a max-value of 1 accepts more than 1 values (don't remember the
bug #).
So I'd like to see a core-dev opinion on this!

Could you give me a ready-to-use example, please? Don't have all the code
in mind. I'm currently in vacation, so time is very limited :) Then will
test ASAP

Greets from New York City!

Steffen