[TYPO3-core] RFC #13435: t3lib_htmlmail -> from_name in FROM header not quoted

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat Mar 6 13:36:15 CET 2010

Stefan Galinski schrieb am 05.03.2010 14:43:
> Oliver Klee wrote:
>
>> I vote for the second approach. There already is a nice working wheel -
>> no need to invent our own kind of "round things that rolls". :-)
>
> Hi Oli,
>
> Do you want to implement this enhancement or somebody else? If yes, we can
> drop this RCF...
>
> @Ernesto: Thanks for doing the reinvestigation and the hint!

I wouldn't drop this RFC, because the fix also is relevant in 4.3 (and
maybe even 4.2). But we cannot add a new library to those versions,
therefore a "simple fix" is needed there.

I will try to port the required conversions to the display name "more or
less" from the Swift library, so that we at least have a solution for
this open problem.

Moving over to Swift would be a "mid-term" project, if I have the time,
I will try to tackle it (maybe even for 4.4).

Cheers,
Ernesto