[TYPO3-core] RFC #13283: Thumbnail generation broken for PDF files

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 6 00:22:03 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

we're currently working on this very issue due to a nice bid at the bug
auction at T3BOARD :-)

> OK might be confusion, even the rfc titel. thumps.php is working again.
> image generation in frontend is not for multi-page pdfs. Furthermore
> framePrepend logic from Installtool prevents multipage PDFs from beeing
> rendered since they need a frame. That's why we bypassed it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thumbs.php was never broken?!

> We probably should think about dropping the noFramePrepend option, since
> it just has been invented for one broken IM 5.x version (as far as the
> install tool states)

Yes I agree, but that should go into a separate RFC. But yeah, you are
totally right about this. The switch is nowadays complete nonsense.

- michael