[TYPO3-core] RFC #12066: Code cleanup: Add some constants

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Mar 3 18:32:01 CET 2010

Hi,

Sigfried Arnold schrieb:
> * Should be replaced by coding guidelines for using predefined escape
> characters (\n, \r, \t) - see PHP documentation for more info. Using
> chr(10) is imho bad style anyways.

Currently, the coding guidelines state that single quotes should be used.

> * Naming is a bit odd (for the "ONE_xx" stuff); it's already said that
> 60*60 or 60*60*24 is common and very clear.

I think you have reviewed an obsolete patch; the current patch only
includes the character constants.

> Else: a function call is not a performance argument. Such trivial functions usualy reached directly to C functions and take barely no time. Also the "way more" argument i brought in is nothing more than hot air - it goes in the direction of micro optimization and should be negligible.

That's why the main reason for this patch is code readability, not
performance. If it improves performance, that's a nice side effect, but
not the main point. :-)

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member