[TYPO3-core] RFC #13701: Bug: @ini_set() works only on windows, on some unices it could render the function unusable

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Mar 1 20:11:50 CET 2010

Hey,

netz-haut - stephan seitz wrote:
> we were able to *always* reproduce it with the combination of suhosin and
> fastcgi/fcgi. This doesn't imply that there are no other configurations where
> the problem exists.
> The reason for my patch is, that suhosin as well as fastcgi are in common use.

We had this on two systems with suhosin + mod_php5 + eaccelerator
installation (debian lenny, eacc 0.5.3 from source), no fcgi. So this
might be an eaccelator problem, too. We are still investigating this.

> I understand your request to not disable a feature completely, but - don't
> get me wrong - should an ini_set() really be necessary at script level?
> This particular ini_set() must stay in place as it's filled with dynamic
> content, but on most, if not all, shared hosting environments this function
> call is ignored. For installations on root servers, clusters e.g. it's simply
> of no use, as an partly open MTA respects the forth mail() parameter without
> any need for ini_set().
> So, I don't see any need for it (except on windows systems ;) )

Yep, this ini_set is -as far as I understood- only needed for WIN,
that's why I commented the line completly as a first hack for our
installation.

Regards
Christian