[TYPO3-core] RFC #13701: Bug: @ini_set() works only on windows, on some unices it could render the function unusable

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Mon Mar 1 17:13:08 CET 2010

> Christian Kuhn schrieb:
> >
> > Confirmed. I've seen this behaiviour, too, but didn't dig into this
> nor
> > create a proper diff. My personal temp-solution was to uncomment the
> > ini_set(), but it should just be restricted to WIN, like you did it.
>
> If I get the description correct the problem occurs only with Suhosin
> (and only with fastCGI?). Why
> not check for the real cause instead of disabling a feature completely.
>
> Masi

Thank's for your response,
we were able to *always* reproduce it with the combination of suhosin and
fastcgi/fcgi. This doesn't imply that there are no other configurations where
the problem exists.
The reason for my patch is, that suhosin as well as fastcgi are in common use.

I understand your request to not disable a feature completely, but - don't
get me wrong - should an ini_set() really be necessary at script level?
This particular ini_set() must stay in place as it's filled with dynamic
content, but on most, if not all, shared hosting environments this function
call is ignored. For installations on root servers, clusters e.g. it's simply
of no use, as an partly open MTA respects the forth mail() parameter without
any need for ini_set().
So, I don't see any need for it (except on windows systems ;) )

Cheers,
Stephan