[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14945: Rename t3lib_BEfunc::time and introduce new function

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Wed Jun 30 14:49:02 CEST 2010

Am 30.06.2010 14:39, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> It's a public static function, so chances are the several extensions
> might use it.
> Wouldn't that call for marking it as deprecated and removing it in 4.7?

Problem is I would really like to have a function t3lib_BEfunc::time()
which does the similiar thing as t3lib_BEfunc::date() and
t3lib_BEfunc::datetime()! The naming would also make quite much sense.

Google doesn't give any results besides links to the core code itself so
I doubt that the current function is really used. Furthermore if it is
used it won't break anything but just display a time wrong.

I know about the backwards compatibility cow but I hope my arguments are
better ;)

Georg