[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14814: Improve Texts in 1-2-3 Install Tool

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jun 22 15:27:44 CEST 2010

On 6/21/10 11:52 PM, Moreno Feltscher wrote:

Thanks for the review!

> Two questions came up while going through your improved text labels:
> 1) Wouldn't it be "Log into the backend" (as it is an action)?
> - Go to the backend login
> + Login to the backend

You caught me :) You are correct on this one (and it caused me a little
pain to knowingly use it incorrectly).

When looking at the Install Tool and rest of the core, login seems to be
used pretty extensively when log in might be the better choice. Since
this isn't anything that would really both most native English speakers,
we decided to keep it consistent with the rest of TYPO3.

> 2) Why did you remove the Install Tool configuration part?
> - <li>
> - <a href="' . $this->scriptSelf . '">
> - Continue to configure TYPO3
> - </a> (Recommended).
> - <br />
> - This will let you analyse and verify that everything in your
> - PHP installation is alright. Also if you want to configure
> - TYPO3 to use all the cool features, you <em>must</em> dig
> - into the this!
> - </li>

As Steffen pointed out, it was just moved to the top of the list.  Since
its the recommended option, it makes sense to display it first.

> All the best from Jackson, WY (Yellowstone) ;)

I'm officially jealous :)