[TYPO3-core] RFC #14816 bugfix : BE login in IE6 looks bad

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 22 12:42:28 CEST 2010

>> Apply patch, add iepngfix.gif and watch the BE login in IE6
>>
> just for the record? why can't this logo be an gif?

I guess this is due to the fact that there is a gradient as a background and there would be artefacts that don't match the background color.

But since the position of the logo will always be the same and fixed, the logo could have a background as well.
So we don't need a GIF but a non transparent PNG and a real background image instead of the CSS3 gradients for all browsers.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de