[TYPO3-core] RFC#14752: Add Update Wizards for Skinning Changes

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 20 20:22:33 CEST 2010

Susanne Moog wrote:
> The attached patch was committed to trunk rev 7975. Changes to v3:

Today I had the opportunity to test this patch (already in trunk). It
still reported t3skin not being installed right after installation. When
I reloaded the page it was recognized and the message went away.

I tested a bit further with Susanne and she did not see this behaviour
on Ubuntu and Debian (PHP 5.3), while I consistently saw it on WinVista
(PHP 5.3) and CentOS (PHP 5.2.6). We tested with various browsers
(FF/IE/Chrome) running on various OSs.

Attached is a patch which lets tx_coreupdates_t3skin use the same method
as tx_coreupdates_installnewsysexts and tx_coreupdates_installsysexts (+
a few minor changes regarding multiple returns in a function).

Differences for the user:
- you'll end with a step 3 (like the other two), instead of a message
that it has been installed
- the last step doesn't have a 'click here to continue' link, but you
have to go to the Update Wizard via the menu (just like the other two
scripts do)

Technical notes:
- we tried to debug what was going wrong, but the outcome was not very
clear: localconf.php was modified, but t3skin was not (yet) present in
$TYPO3_LOADED_EXT
- maybe on certain systems caching interferes with the way
t3lib_install::writeToLocalconf_control() updates localconf.php ?

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl