[TYPO3-core] RFC#14752: Add Update Wizards for Skinning Changes

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sun Jun 20 10:57:35 CEST 2010

On 19.06.2010 18:39, Jeff Segars wrote:
> On 6/19/10 9:57 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Am 16.06.2010, 13:26 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Ritter <info at rs-websystems.de>:
>>
>>> Type: Bugfix / New feature
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14752
>>>
>>> Branches: trunk
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> * Check for $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[BE][compressionLevel] active and warn user
>>> to include the lines from misc/advanced.htaccess
>>> * Check for having EXT:t3skin installed and warn user to install it or
>>> another 4.4 compatible skin
>>
>> I just had a look at the patch and overworked the texts a bit. I also
>> asked Jeff to have a look at the wording.
>>
>> I couldn't reporduce the problem that the installed t3skin isn't
>> recognized, Jigal.
>>
>> +1 by reading and testing
>>
>> But will also keep my eyes open while updating a site now.
>>
>> Steffen
>
> Attached v3 which cleans up some wording.  The check only shows up when
> bad settings are already in place, so the main change was re-wording it
> to indicate that a check had already been done for the bad settings.

The attached patch was committed to trunk rev 7975. Changes to v3:

* Steffen G.s comments about .htaccess being in misc not typo3/misc
* $customMessages is String not array
* Usability: show .htaccess rules in the second step, so the user can
just copy and paste them directly without having to go to the
advanced.htaccess file

Susanne