[TYPO3-core] RFC #14719: Automatically create ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file when 1-2-3 Install Tool is used

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Jun 20 19:38:05 CEST 2010

Am 20.06.2010 19:31, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Hi,
>
> On 20.06.10 19:22, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> On 20.06.10 17:34, Steffen Ritter wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 reading and testing, with one small addition:
>>> as Helmut pointed out you cannot submit the database credentials.. so
>>> just check if we wanna step after the db entries too
>>
>> This does not work. Now you can step out of the 123 mode even if you
>> provide wrong (or no) credentials.
>
> Sorry, of course this worked, I only did not know before, the 123 mode
> can have two different layouts ...
>
> But since it does not give too much benefit (as Bernd pointed out) and
> makes the code more complicated I still would prefer Jeff's solution and
> not providing the FIRST_INSTALL in the dummy package.
>
> Regards Helmut
i do not see the benefits either... i think auto file creation is not
needed, but if there is a need for it (in community) so what?
But as the solution susanne provided seemed to be the most nearest
consense i just made it work, and gave it my vote...
as you pointed out, it does not harm either - so why not letting this
version through and rethink the overall concept for 4.5 at all?

regards

Steffen