[TYPO3-core] FYI: Release of TYPO3 4.3.4 on June 22nd 2010

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 15 23:10:37 CEST 2010

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> I think the 4.3.3 niceText / IM regression should be fixed for 4.3.4.
>
> I'm unsure if it's the same issue as #13570.

13570 started as a problem with GM on Windows. Unfortunately the
solution is incompatible with safe_mode on Unix.

Support for a large number of IM (sub)versions + GM which each have
strange side-effects and incompatibilities is rather complex.

Maybe it's time to drop support for IM4 and IM5 (if it's actually not
being used by hosting companies), but even some versions of IM6 will be
'challenging' (IM 6.2.8 does not support GIFBUILDERs EFFECT value=gray)
in combination with safe_mode on/off, Windows/Mac/*nix, ...

> Unfortunatly I'll have zero time next 8 days for any further core work
> (read: I'll be offline, drunken and partying on a festival :)

Enjoy (leave some brain cells intact for TYPO3, please?)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl