[TYPO3-core] RFC #14729: Backwards compatibility brocken by disabled deprecation log

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Jun 15 22:25:39 CEST 2010

Hey.

Ingo Renner wrote:
> I see it like this: You and all the admins out there are responsible for
> turning off deprecation log in production environments. We as the core
> team are responsible to not let people run into unexpected crashes we
> can avoid.

I'd second this view. Furthermore many admins are probably already used
to this issue as it's handled this way in our current stable version.

What we could do now is better communication about this topic as
Francois mentioned.

So, I'm fine with not changing the behavior between 4.3 and 4.4 (first
methods will be removed in 4.5!) and further improve the log handling
with 4.5.

My 2 cents
Christian