[TYPO3-core] RFC #14711: Feature: Add XCLASS to class.t3lib_iconworks.php for developing alternative backend-skins

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Jun 13 13:10:56 CEST 2010

Am 13.06.2010 12:49, schrieb Stephan N Kellermayr:
> this is an SVN patch request.
>
> type: feature
>
> bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14711
>
> branches:
> trunk, current branch
>
> problem:
> at the moment there is no possibility to extend the class
> 't3lib_iconworks', which is very bad for redesigning the backend,
> because you stuck on the implemented functions which handles the sprites
> and icons.

what "does not work"? the functions just produce css classes...
All about sprites and css is your own stuff

> there are so many possibilities to handle those icons, and to stay
> flexible in visualization, there should also be the possibility to
> implement other ways of icon-handling or extend the functionallity of
> the current sprite-concept.

the sprite concept is present in t3skin and is upon skin, so you have
fully flexibility

> or is there a convincing reason why this class cannot be extended?

-1 as it makes no sense like the others pointed out and -1 as I see no
restritions you'll get from the implementations