[TYPO3-core] RFC #14545: [No Title] shown when editing a record on root level

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Thu Jun 10 09:39:39 CEST 2010

Am 2010-06-10 09:17, schrieb Sebastian Michaelsen:
> Am 10.06.10 09:08, schrieb Reinhard Führicht:
>> Am 2010-06-10 01:52, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> sry to nag again.
>>> I will commit when 2 glitches are fixed:
>>>
>>> * when edit something on root page it says "on root level" - i would
>>> omit "level" here
>>
>> A matter of taste. If you ask me, omitting the "level" is fine too.
>> Let's wait what the others think about it.
> omit "level"
>
> This is a new term which does not bring in any information but can
> confuse Users. "Does 'level' have any special meaning in TYPO3?"

The reason why I named it "root level" is because I think this is the
most logical description.
If it is named "root" one could think, what is "root"? Is it the root
page of my website? Is it the root node (the thingy with the world ball
icon)?
So "root level" seemed quite good in this case. Users may be familiar
with the term "level" when tinking about the "entryLevel" setting for
menues. But this doesn't mean that it's the perfect naming.

Regards,
Reinhard