[TYPO3-core] RFC #14679: Deprecate page and branch versioning, disable them by default

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jun 10 00:02:20 CEST 2010

Hey everybody,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk only

Type: cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14679

Problem / Solution:
as discussed by the new workspaces team, and approved by Kasper, I
created a patch to disable the "old" versioning methods as only
"element-based" versioning will be supported in the future.

Kasper already deprecated the "branch" and "pages" versioning in 4.2,
even introduced a configuration parameter to disable them right away. We
want to deprecate them "for real" now and disable them by default. If
anyone still needs it, he/she/it can enable the option again. This also
means that everyone should read the NEWS.txt when upgrading to 4.4. In
any case, we can safely remove both versioning type options in 4.6 then,
if we deprecate them now.

Notes:
I'm back for the last round of fixes to get RC1 on its way in the next
days! Let's get the last fixes in!

All the best,
Benni.