[TYPO3-core] RFC #14545: [No Title] shown when editing a record on root level

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Mon Jun 7 14:05:47 CEST 2010

Am 2010-06-07 13:45, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Am 07.06.2010, 13:15 Uhr, schrieb Reinhard Führicht <rf at typoheads.at>:
>
>> For pid == 0:
>> - Create new "[tablename]" on root level
>> - Edit [tablename] "[title]" on root level
>>
>> For records:
>>
>> - Create new [tablename] on page "[pagetitle]"
>> - Editing [tablename] "[title]" on page "[pagetitle]"
>
> Okay, you quite convinced me :)
>
> But I'd say there are a few things left:
>
> * screenshot: It's quite a monster text, not a short headline...
> CE title seems to be cropped, Page title not.

The page title was not read by getRecordTitle. I changed it.
The length of the titles is configurable via TypoScript, isn't it?
But anyway, I get your point. The headline can get quite long, so maybe
remove the "on page ..." completely, since the pagetitle is in the
breadcrumb in the top right corner anyway.

> * I'd leave the "Edit Pagecontent.." out and just write "Pagecontent xy
> on page yz".

A matter of taste. I think the action (Edit, Create) should be visible,
but I can remove it, if it is wished.

> * When no Header is set, the CE title is "Edit Pagecontent "[No title]"
> on page "xy". Could we handle this as a special case and just write
> "Pagecontent on page "xy""?

Attached version 4 of the patch should fix this.

> * Regarding Joey's idea with the ID: I would leave it out of the title,
> as it doesn't read nice, but would also like to somewhere show it.
> What about down below the TCEform, maybe on the right side? Only the
> symbol of the CE type and "Pagecontent [--id--]" (like it's currently
> shown on the upper right, but without the title).

As the parent ID is shown in the breadcrumb and the current ID is shown
on the right too, I think the ID mustn't be shown in the headline.