[TYPO3-core] RFC #14545: [No Title] shown when editing a record on root level

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Mon Jun 7 12:49:25 CEST 2010

Am 2010-06-07 12:44, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> On 07.06.2010 12:24, Reinhard Führicht wrote:
>
>> - You create/edit a record. On top of the page, the title of the page
>> will be shown. I'm not interested in the title of the page the record
>> will be stored on. I can see it by searching for the highlighted page in
>> the page tree. I want to see something like "You are editing the record
>> xyz" or "You are creating a new xyz".
>
> Sorry, but I am interested in where I am when creating content or new
> pages, as especially after a search or when having multiple TYPO3s open
> I have sometimes no idea where I currently am - and searching for a
> highlighted page in a 4000+ pages pagetree where the highlight isn't
> necessarily visible because the parent is closed is not an option.
>
> susanne

When editing pages or records and when creating records, you will always
have the current path in the upper right corner. When creating a page it
is wrong, but that another issue (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14605).
So you will (nearly) always know where you are.

But more importantly, why should the information about the page I am
currently on the shown as such a big headline on top of the form?
First of all, I want to know WHAT I am doing, the I want to know WHERE I
am doing it. The page path in the top right corner should take care of
the WHERE part, but the WHAT is currently neglected totally, if you ask me.

Regards,
Reinhard