[TYPO3-core] RFC #5117: typolink: cHash corrupted due to linkVars

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Jun 3 18:01:40 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

Am 03.06.2010 07:08 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Ralf Hettinger wrote:
>> - I wonder if it is clever to reference bugtracker entries within the
>> source... but maybe matter of taste.
>
> I rarely do it. Here the reason is to prevent any future changes to the
> order of parameters and give information why it should stay this way. I
> could put a long comment but this would distract readers who are not
> interested in details. Instead I give a short link to the bug report.

Okay, that sounds reasonable. Thanks.

>> - unset($params); (why especially unsetting $params?)
>
> Simply saving a bit of memory. It does not hurt.

I think that PHP's garbage collector will take care of this without any
problems and probably more adequate/adaptive regarding the needs of the
PHP interpreter than a manual unset. $params is just a string anyways
and I doubt that an effect on memory saving would be even measurable
easily... on the other side I wonder if an explicit unset would come to
the cost of some minimal extra CPU usage (but that would probably not be
measurable as well). Therefore I'd say that it's not worth it here. But
hey, although I can't see much sense in unsetting $params, I'm fine with
it if you think it's worth it here.

Cheers Ralf