[TYPO3-core] RFC #5117: typolink: cHash corrupted due to linkVars

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:43:35 CEST 2010

Hi!

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer wrote:
> What about bookmarks, search engine results, links from external
> websites which point to the pages with the old cHash value? Maybe it's
> possible to 'forward' old cHashes to the new ones - or am I wrong here?

In most cases the page will not be cached if cHash is incorrect. In some
cases (if specially configured), it will be 404. However if you care about
SEO, you should use RealURL and configure it so that cHash is not present
in the URL. Thus nobody will notice the change.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member