[TYPO3-core] RFC 15090: Bug: login with a BE User somewhere else on the page tree

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jul 21 15:01:54 CEST 2010

Hi Fabien,

> Problem:
> ========
>
> By overriding the TCA, it is already possible to move a BE User to
> whatever page on the page tree.
>
> $TCA['be_users'] = array(
> "ctrl" => array(
> "rootLevel" => -1
> )
> )
>
> This is particularly useful for organizing BE Users in different
> sysfolders when dealing with many BE Users at the same time. Therefore,
> it is possible to have a better overview of BE Users and additionally to
> delegate the management to some administrators.
>
> But, at the moment it is *not* possible to login with a BE on a
> different pid as "pid = 0".
>
> Solution:
> =========
> Detect if "rootLevel" is set to "-1" and remove the check in the case
> arises.

I could successfully test it however I do not like the patch as the
version that should be committed. Problems:

- "-1" should not be proposed as the documentation says:

  * NOTE: [table][ctrl][rootLevel] goes NOT for pages. Apart from that
if rootLevel is true, records can ONLY be created on rootLevel. If it's
false records can ONLY be created OUTSIDE rootLevel

meaning you should not test for != 1 but for TRUE/FALSE and put '0'
instead of '-1'. Furthermore, by having rootLevel set to '0', I cannot
create any be_user anymore, either at root or in a sysfolder unless (in
a sysfolder) there is already a be_user there, I can then use the "+" on
the table but not the "+" in the main toolbar.

Xavier