[TYPO3-core] RFC #15163: Link "joh316" to wikipedia

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Tue Jul 20 00:01:43 CEST 2010

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:59:46 +0200, Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:

> As the initiator of the idea I wanted to note 3 things:
>
> 1. Relations to christianity are already there. The default install tool
> password is a reference to the "Gospel of John" ("Johannesevangelium",
> "Иоанна-Евангелие") a book of the bible. And maybe you also noticed the
> example image in the install tool is an image of Jesus Christ.

I would not change my front door if it has a cross in it, but I would not
by a new one with a cross.
That means, I don't care if some old stuff contains religious symbols or
has religious references, but we should not add new ones. Keeping
historical stuff is showing that we respect the work of others, but that
does not require that we must do the same.
IMHO TYPO3 should not be limited to a religion, a political belief or
anything else. We should not make references to any of those if we can
avoid it.

> 2. I'm not a religious person, but respect the beliefs of religious
> people very much.

Dmitry summed it all up in his second post. That was actually what I was
thinking and he expressed it far better.

Best regards
Phil