[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15149: Move Web>Info from mod to sysext

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 19 11:41:16 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Some new questions now rise up with the submodules: Should the sub
> module require the parent module? If eg func isn't installed but
> func_wizards is installed you won't see it.

Yes, I think dependency should be set. This would improve user experience.

> On the other hand, to deinstall func you would need to deinstall all
> subs first.

...or prompt to automatically uninstall all dependent modules (+show a list
of what will be uninstalled). This would be a great funtionality. For
example, sometimes I need to uninstall DAM and I have to go and uninstall
all other exts one by one. This makes me mad. I would wish I could simply
one-click-uninstall DAM with all its dependencies.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member