[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13797: Move checkbox "secondary options" to users module

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 16 21:19:01 CEST 2010

Susanne Moog schrieb am 16.07.2010 19:28:
> On 09.07.2010 19:34, Jörg Klein wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> "Jörg Klein" <joerg at klein-family.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1271770702.26357.typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org...
>>> I propose to introduce a possibility to hide this checkbox at least.
>> attached is version 3, which is the same as version 2 except that it applies
>> again.
>>
>> Going through the thread again, a Core Dev vote is still missing. So this
>> also is a REMINDER.
>
> +1 by reading and testing and committed to trunk rev 8199.
>
> Added the following documentation to the wiki:
> TSConfig: User TSConfig, new property after clipboardNumberPads
>
> Property: enableShowPalettes
> Data type: boolean
> is displayed in content editing forms.
> Default: 1

I think this is still a bit unfinished.

Does it make sense to have an option to hide the checkbox to "show
secondary options (palettes)"? How would an editor with such a setting
access some field that is available only in one palette?

To make it complete in my opinion it would require the possibility to
set "Show secondary options (palettes)" in the user setup also. That way
the admin can hide the checkbox from case to case (via TSconfig) but
every user can still show the palettes if desired (either in the User
Setup, or using the checkbox in the Page-module, if this is not disabled).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto