[TYPO3-core] RFC #11145 (resubmitted!): Starttime/endtime is not taken into account when caching

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 14 15:36:35 CEST 2010

Hi!

Susanne Moog wrote:
> On 14.07.2010 13:47, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Heat is affecting me :( I just realized that the original RFC was about
>> records, not content or menu. So I created a new RFC for this patch. Here
>> it is: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15116
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9284 <-- isn't this one the same?

It is similar but not the same. My solution is better.

Firsts, that bug report does not solve menu issues. Secondly, it modifies
caching function, not the cache time function as I do. I think changing
caching function is not necessary in this case. My patch, for example,
returns correct cache time from $TSFE->get_cache_timeout() if any extension
needs to query it. I don't think that 9284 patch does that.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member