[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15073: inlineJS creates superfluous markup

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Tue Jul 13 09:23:10 CEST 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, nobrainer

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15073

Branches:
TYPO3_4-3, TYPO3_4-4 & trunk

Problem:
In the header part of a website TYPO3 generates the following lines of
code indepently from if there is any JavaScript code in it or not:

<script type="text/javascript">
/*<![CDATA[*/
<!--
/*TS_inlineJSint*/

// -->
/*]]>*/
</script>

This should only be put in the page, when there is some code from
inlineJS *_INT Objects in it.

Solution:
The original place where the code comes from is class.tslib_pagegen #948
but IMO it is the best to improve the checks in the pagerenderer itself.

As I don't know if this is the best procedure, I would be happy to here
some thoughts from Mr. Pagerenderer aka Steffen K ;)

How to test:
1. Open the source code and see the not needed code
2. Apply patch and recheck

Additional information:
I don't know if any other functions should use such a check too but at
least this patch is a good start.