[TYPO3-core] RFC #12679: Pagemodule don't show clipboard paste icon when there is no content

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Tue Jul 13 09:13:38 CEST 2010

Am 2010-07-13 01:04, schrieb Bernhard Kraft:
> Am 2010-07-08 18:24, schrieb Reinhard Führicht:
>
>> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Hello !
>
> Just for your information: This is something which is already
> implemented since quite a time by my kb_nescefe extension. It looks like
> you did very similar things with the class.tx_cms_layout.php and TCEmain
> class.
>
> But there's one thing I would ask you for: Take a look at the attached
> XCLASS file for class.tx_cms_layout.php - I know XCLASSes are not very
> welcome, but what I do there is to put all the icons of the column
> headers and content-element headers into an array and make an "implode"
> afterwards, instead of concatenating to a $out string variable.
>
> This has the advantage that I can add a call to a hook method, so it
> will be possible to hide/show and add icons by creating a little hook
> class. I think this is something which was already proposed by "Tapio
> Markula" some years ago (whoever he is/was).
>
> I guess it is a very important thing, to learn that we should put hook
> methods at every major user interface output/input section. This enables
> programmers to change the look and feel between the application and the
> user and tailor it to the needs of the user.
>
> Guess if there would have been hooks already for a long time. I think
> there would be at least 20 extensions whichi add cut/copy/paste and
> "Do-All-The-Magic" icons to every content element ;)
>

> greets,
> Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

yes I know about kb_nescefe and I actually used your extension as a base
for this patch. But I tried to make little changes to the existing code
in core, which does string concatenation.
Of course it would be cool to fill an array with the icons and add a
hook, but I think this should be a separate issue.

Regards,
Reinhard