[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15064: Replace linktext if link is not rendered

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Jul 12 14:46:08 CEST 2010

Am 11.07.2010 12:30, schrieb Andreas Otto:
> Other than that I would prefer it if we do not introduce another
> configuration at the top level of config.

At least it would be consistent with the other settings

> How about using typolinkReplaceLinkAccessRestrictedPages = REPLACE and
> checking for that. We could have a default behaviour that will replace
> the link with nothing - just like in your example.

I don't see the advantage of a hardcoded string, especially if there is
a good chance that the string is not unique.

Your idea can be implemented with no problem at all as there are several
hooks in the core which can be used to modify the content just before
presenting it to the user (hooks before writing the cache and also after
that). Therefore your wishes can already be fulfilled with my patch.

> My concerns regarding the use case apply to my idea as well.

I got a customer which use TYPO3 for building a knowledgebase which is
basically pages with much content. Most of it is restricted to special
users and they always use linktexts like "More information about this,
see here".

Of course the uses cases are a bit limited but TYPO3 was chosen because
of the great right management which misses just a few settings for
special projects. See also #15283 (pending in core list in some minutes)

Georg