[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15064: Replace linktext if link is not rendered

Andreas Otto andreas at otto-hanika.de
Sun Jul 11 12:30:28 CEST 2010

Hi Georg,

I have read and tested the patch but I am not sure whether to give the
patch a +1 or not.

I have difficulties finding the right use case for this feature request.
E. g. if I have a link inside a CE Text like the following:

This links to a protected page.

The text could become something like:

This links to a protected .

Depending on what word was selected to carry the link.

Other than that I would prefer it if we do not introduce another
configuration at the top level of config.

How about using typolinkReplaceLinkAccessRestrictedPages = REPLACE and
checking for that. We could have a default behaviour that will replace
the link with nothing - just like in your example. And we can
additionaly check if typolinkReplaceLinkAccessRestrictedPages.replace
exists which will use stdWrap like in your patch as well.

My concerns regarding the use case apply to my idea as well.

Cheers,
Andreas