[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #6208: zlib must be compiled in to make an extension lookup

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 8 11:23:31 CEST 2010

Am 08.07.2010 10:56, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> The problem is that without some of them you won't get even into the BE (pcre, session, SPL, etc).
>>
>> For these cases we would need a super-slim standalone check. Or maybe we can add an error handler so
>> early that it does this checks before passing on the original error message.
>
> I see two solutions:
> - users should read INSTALL.txt, where we have a full list

Of course they should. But I know that I have browsed sometimes too fast the docs (stupid me!), so I
would welcome any friendly response from the system instead of a PHP error or a blank page.

> - we can integrate the check into 1-2-3 mode of Install tool

I think I have even filed a bug for this. But again without preg you won't come that far. Granted
only a very misguided system admin will remove preg from PHP.

Masi