[TYPO3-core] RFC #15021: Cleanup: replace calls to t3lib_div::testInt with calls to is_int, mark t3lib_div:testInt as deprecated

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 7 10:22:02 CEST 2010

Hi!

Michiel Roos [netcreators] wrote:
> I think a review of all the cases where the function is called is in
> order. I don't think all the places where it is called actually feed
> string data into the function.

I fully agree. I think core will benefit a lot if we use proper parameter
types. If function says "@param int", only integers must be sent to it and
there should be no further checks.

We may go even further and have a function that sets expected parameters to
proper types. For example:

t3lib_div::setParameterTypes(array(
	'tx_myext_wjatever' => array(
		'uid' => 'int'
	)
));

A single call would ensure proper types and let developers get rid of all
intval() and testInt() calls.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member