[TYPO3-core] RFC #14992: [Code cleanup]: adding two fields "gender" and "birthday" to fe_users

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 4 13:00:54 CEST 2010

Frank Nägler wrote:
> Problem: I have added two new fields to fe_users table, which are
> often used while register users in the frontend: birthday and gender.

Apart from Oliver's note about sr_feuser_register compatibility:

We now have telephone and fax, but no mobile. We're also missing
phone/mobile number for private and work. What about IM systems (AIM,
ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, Skype, ...) and network sites (Twitter, LinkedIn,
Hyves, Facebook, etc.)? What about a field for educational degrees?

Basically, the big question is: what should we include as basic,
standard fields and which properties should be left to an extension?

But anyway, these two could certainly be added to the basic set when
they are compatible with the widely used sr_feuser_register.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl