[TYPO3-core] RFC #13313: ExtDirect API

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Wed Jan 27 14:51:21 CET 2010

Oliver Hader wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Am 26.01.10 18:57, schrieb Stefan Galinski:
>>> I just realized that this new feature was put to t3lib but can only be
>>> used for backend disposal. Wouldn't it be nice to have it also in the
>>> frontend? Besides that, if it's backend-only, it should not be in t3lib.
>>
>> This should be already usable in the frontend. Only the configuration
>> array should be moved like it's proposed by Steffen. I will implement and
>> test a frontend example tomorrow.
>
> Great! Thanks in advance!
>
> olly

Bad news! I couldn't get the Ext Direct functionality working inside a
frontend extension, because it depends on the ajax.php file. This file is a
backend alternative for the eId scripts that are used inside the frontend. I
have talked with Benni about this and he agreed that the frontend
integration should be moved as another feature into another RFC. You can
find the updated demo extension inside the bugtracker entry of this RFC.

--
Stefan Galinski