[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Ismaël Bidau bidau at ensci.com
Wed Jan 27 14:47:45 CET 2010

Le 27/01/10 14:30, Benjamin Mack a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> not so fast... :)
>
> I have another idea. So basically I really dislike having this fe_users
> table bloating up. The next one comes up with a new field that *should*
> be there etc. We know the story...
>
> Anyways, I propose to:
>
> * Revert this commit
> * Create a extension in the TER called "feuserextended" that could
> become an A-Class Extension[1] and that adds all the necessary fields.
>
> Why bloating the Core with this stuff? The Core should stay small and
> flexible, and if we have a good extension that's a quasi-standard, we'll
> see which one could eventually be merged in the core (4.6 or so?).
>
> What do you think?
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

First name and last name seems to be standards "Personal datas".

We could imagine to delete all personal datas from fe_user and put these
fields in the new extension you propose.

But if for compatibility reason, we have to keep name, address, zipcode,
city, country, phone, fax, email, photo, company and (job) title for a
FE user, please, don't revert commit : first name and last name have a
place in this fields list.

Ismaël