[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 27 14:44:38 CET 2010

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey all,
>
> not so fast... :)
>
> I have another idea. So basically I really dislike having this fe_users
> table bloating up. The next one comes up with a new field that *should*
> be there etc. We know the story...

we voted for this.
I don't think this is really bloating.
1) it must be backward compatible
2) the fields should be a basic set, and name parts are really basic
parts. So you should build up your site without using extension.

Again, as it's for 4.4, there is the chance to make a proper proposal
with patch etc for a new model. Again basic fields should be in core,
anything else could be part of an extension eg a A-class user register
with dynamic field additions.

vg Steffen