[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Jan 27 14:30:30 CET 2010

Hey all,

not so fast... :)

I have another idea. So basically I really dislike having this fe_users
table bloating up. The next one comes up with a new field that *should*
be there etc. We know the story...

Anyways, I propose to:

  * Revert this commit
  * Create a extension in the TER called "feuserextended" that could
become an A-Class Extension[1] and that adds all the necessary fields.

Why bloating the Core with this stuff? The Core should stay small and
flexible, and if we have a good extension that's a quasi-standard, we'll
see which one could eventually be merged in the core (4.6 or so?).

What do you think?

All the best,
Benni.