[TYPO3-core] RFC #13313: ExtDirect API

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jan 26 00:13:23 CET 2010

Hi Stefan,

great! +1 by reading and testing again, committed to trunk rev 6818.

Please add the documentation on the pending wiki page. I suggest to
create a new page for ExtDirect as it's a standalone feature and will
raise, so own page might be the best for reading.

Anyway some remarks i have from reading. This can be done in follow-ups,
it's good to have a start now so we can continue and direct use it.

1) The API makes json output hardcoded. That's bad if you want to use it
with xml or raw text or whatever. So make it configurable.

2) $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['ExtDirect'] - why BE only? I would
simply leave out BE
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['ExtDirect']

As soon you do something with extBase you don't have the seperation with
BE and FE

3) Reflection is used to get number of parameters. Why, for what usage?
Reflection is very expansive call and should be used seldomly.

vg Steffen