[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 22 01:19:32 CET 2010

Hi,

i have the feeling we drift off, as many posts comes with new suggestions.

Imho core only should give a simple set of fields that fits most common
needs. All specifications should be done by extensions which add fields
and configuration.
The RFC with first/[middle]/last name fits common needs and we shouldn't
add to much more. Ok, gender is a very useful addition, but
company/organisation/specification etc. should be done by custom extension.

So in my opinion v6 is the last state with most votes and should be go
in. Gender addition should be another RFC.

my 2 cts

vg Steffen