[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Jan 21 19:55:28 CET 2010

Hi.

On 21.01.2010 16:13 Ismaël Bidau wrote:

> The title is now for job title, see help icon. We can't change the
> meaning of a fields, can we ?

<rant>
My concern was to make clear that the model of FE user was poorly designed:

User can be part of a company, with job title, but not part of
organisation of other kind having a title of other kind.
IMHO this is a design flaw.

I agree, that people live with this bug since ages and are used to it.
And from a company point-of-view this model is correct. Fixing it will
break compatibility. Arrgh, I don't like that kind of constraints.
</rant>

The real PITA IMHO is that this broken FE user model sneaked into the FE
user model of extbase.

But PITA or not - we also have to change the extbase model according to
the changes we have discussed here. Otherwise we break extbase.

So -1 from me until the patch also considers extbase.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/