[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Ismaël Bidau bidau at ensci.com
Thu Jan 21 17:01:47 CET 2010

Le 21/01/10 16:30, Dmitry Dulepov a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> On 2010-01-21 17:13:43 +0200, Ismaël Bidau said:
>> The title is now for job title, see help icon. We can't change the
>> meaning of a fields, can we ?
>
> No, we can't. It will be a major compatibility break. That field was
> used for ages.

As v7 allow to have "job title" and "personal title" without the
compatibility break, without the problem of choosing in which palette
title field have to go, could we count the +1, please.

Company
     - Title (= job title, ex director), the actual field "title"

Name
     - Title name (ex Prof., Doctor)
     - First name
     - Middle name
     - Last name

So we had 4 fields, and we just reorganise palettes to separate company
informations from name informations.

Ismaël