[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 21 10:10:32 CET 2010

Ismaël Bidau schrieb:

>> On 20.01.2010 15:24 Stefano Cecere wrote:
>>> so why don't do it once for all, let's add middle_name also, so we
>>> have everything in db for 4.4 ?
>>
>> <sarcasm>
>> Once for all? What about Hadschi Halef Omar Ben Hadschi Abul Abbas Ibn
>> Hadschi Dawuhd al Gossarah?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadschi_Halef_Omar
>> </sarcasm>
>>

> I propose a v5b which adds first_name and last_name only, and use
> linebreak as proposed by Steffen.

Not so wide input boxes. 25 + 25 is enough (instead of 40 + 40, which is
way too wide for the palette).

"company" is misplaced in this palette. I would place it before the
"name" field and not in the palette. Maybe this is another topic, but
maybe we could just "fix it" while we are at it?

Cheers,
Ernesto