[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13262: replace hardcoded typo3/ with TYPO3_mainDir

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jan 19 12:09:24 CET 2010

Hi,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> On 18.01.10 10:29, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Too bad legacy modules require conf.php and $BACK_PATH. Neither should
>> be required by using proper
>> dispatcher code. mod.php was a step in the right direction.
>> Unfortunately conf.php wasn't removed.
> Do you have a good idea to finally get rid of conf.php options and help
> module developers migrate to mod.php with a good sense of
> backwards-compatibility?

unfortunally there are many adjustments to convert old module for usage
of dispatcher, so i fear that is not praticable.

Dmitry's catch is the best i can imagine - modify BACK_PATH in init, but
i have to admit it's a hack.

The new kickstarter only makes dispatch modules, so we can hope that the
old modules won't be used in future (4.4). And i see no problem to
declare "Old modules are not compatible with alternative typo3-dir". As
you anyways have to patch the source for this usage, you have to patch
conf.php of old modules too.

vg Steffen