[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #12688: MM relations: rollback not working / sys_history wrong

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Jan 14 10:24:08 CET 2010

Hi Tolleiv,

Am 14.01.2010 01:53 schrieb Tolleiv.Nietsch:
> Hi,
> I also tested it and everything seems to work well even in workspaces -

That's great news. I didn't care about workspaces too much and just
tested a few simple scenarios there.

> also the code looks straight forwards.
>
> One thing I can't see is how you're handling the processing which is
> happening in the remap-Stack.

Short answer: it doesn't (yet).

> The question I have in regards to that is - should the history-entires
> keep references to old (remapped) records? - the rollback might break
> lot's of stuff in these cases...

Good hint, and I can see the potential of a follow up bug.
As this isn't respected yet, maybe you have a chance to produce an error
coming from this potential bug and report back? Will do so myself, but
probably not prior to 4.3.1 (if the schedule of today's release is still
current).

Having a quick look at it, it seems to me that
->remapListedDBRecords_procDBRefs should be the place to respect remap
stack regarding history, though I'm not to sure yet about what to do
with history in such cases. Suggestions?

Thanks
Ralf