[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13201: [Bugfix] Use same install tool check for reports as used in About module

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Jan 12 19:26:05 CET 2010

Am 11.01.2010 03:22, schrieb Moreno Feltscher:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13201
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-3, trunk
>
> Problem:
> At the moment the report module checks for install tool file existence.
> If the file exists a warning is shown. Concerning to this behavior the
> warning text is wrong because it states that the install tool is
> permanently enabled (which is only true if the install tool file
> contains the string "KEEP_FILE").
>
> Solution:
> Use same install tool check as we already use in the "About" module.
>
> Notes:
> We already had a huge discussion about the install tool file handling
> for RFC #11731 [1] on this mailing list [2] and we decided to just check
> whether the KEEP_FILE string (which permanently unlocks the install
> tool) exists or not.
> Additionally I'm working on a proper install tool file check solution
> for upcoming releases.. stay tuned.
>
> [1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11731
> [2]
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2009-August/028886.html

For consistency +1 by reading and testing, although I think that at
least in the reports module a message about the install tool being
enabled but not permanently would be nicer (or even integrate the age
check of the file in the reports module and delete it if > 1h). But as I
said for consistency I think it's ok this way.

The patch did not apply for me so attached a new one that did.

Best regards,

Susann