[TYPO3-core] RFC #13096: Unable to disable thumbnails with thumbnailsByDefault

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jan 4 18:32:54 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> 1) Make a new tab in user settings for "List View", provide global
> setting (initialisation) for
> * show thumbs
> * show extended view
> * show clipboard
> * show localisation
> etc
>
> Use this as initialisation for all list views.

This is one of those "advices" which blocks many new features and bug fixes
in my opinion. Altough you are correct.

AFAIK we all live from TYPO3 by doing some web projects for our customers.
Now if someone stumbles upon a bug or has do apply a patch for abug which
is there since 3.9 or so, I and probably also others choose to post a patch
to the core list.

Now Steffen Gebert made himself the work to fix a bug. Of course it would
be better to make an ultimate solution which not only handles the "show
tumbs" button but also all other settings in the list view. But in my
opinion fixing one bug, not in the totally best way is almost better than
fixing none at all.

So my +1 is still up. Of course if you find yourself the time to implement
the features/fix suggested by Steffen (Kamper) I would test your patch
again and we should get it to +1 state again.

PS: I for myself like to use the slogan
"A small patch is better than none"
which in my opinion somehow follows the slogan Kasper tought us:
"A patch a day keeps the fork away"

greets,
Bernhard