[TYPO3-core] RFC #13630: Bug: Status Report reports "Install Tool: disabled" when it is not.

Gregor Hermens gregor at a-mazing.de
Wed Feb 24 09:45:45 CET 2010

Hi Moreno,

Moreno Feltscher schrieb:

> Sorry, but -1 on that.
> It was me who provided the patch to get rid of the install tool file
> existence check.
> The reason for that: Your patch doesn't take the automatic deletion of the
> install tool after 30 minutes into account and it will always show the
> temporary information, even if the install tool isn't accessible at all.

attached patch v2 checks for the age of the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file if it
doesn't contain 'KEEP_FILE'. The file is deleted if it is older then 3600s,
else the remaining time to live is displayed in the status report.

> Please also have a look at the mailing list discussion [1] concerning this
> behavior.
>
> [1]
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2009-August/028886.html

I ran into the confusion discussed there yesterday, when I updated a site
from 4.2.11 to 4.3.2.. After using the Update Wizard I went to the Status
Report for a final check, just to be told that I should not have been able
to us the Update Wizard at all: The Install Tool was claimed to be disabled.
It did not help that this change in behaviour was not mentioned in the
ChangeLog nor the version number of tx_reports had been increased...

Greetings,
Gregor

--
http://www.a-mazing.de/   |   Certified TYPO3 Integrator